SafePotential project created models and practices for organizations to better materialize the potential of safety performance measurement. This site presents a toolbox with tools created as results of the project.
Introduction of the project
The amount of measurement data has grown exponentially in industrial organizations. However, the utilization of the information produced by indicators is deficient.
The SafePotential project seeked solutions to the inefficiency of the use of measurement through research and development work. The project results include research publications and a toolbox for materializing the potential of safety performance measurement.
The purpose of this site is to introduce the tools and guide organizations in their implementation. The toolbox includes
- a maturity model for analyzing safety performance measurement
- a maturity model for analyzing safety culture
- safety performance map for analyzing the relationships between factors affecting safety
- a set of proactive indicators
- a measurement approach for analyzing the outcomes of safety training
The project was carried out in 1.1.2019 – 30.6.2021, and it was funded by the Finnish Work Environment Fund. The project was a part of international Saf€ra program and it collaborated with University of Belgrade.