NOTE: Click the plus icon next to the DigiCare Model tab for more information about the literature reviews and model designing process.
The DigiCare Model is a framework model for facilitating healthcare students to learn how to support and coach self-management of patients more efficiently by digital devices and technologies. DigiCare Model will be a generic model to fit in any local teaching or working culture in health care.
The foundation of the DigiCare Model is literature reviews of best practices. The designing process will utilize active methods of constructing the synthesis and consensus of the work by DigiCare consortium experts.
DigiCare Model Contains:
- Concrete objectives of learning digital health care for self-management of health
- Knowledge and skills needed in digital nursing and coaching of self-management
- Best teaching and training practices for learning digital tools and methods in nursing and coaching of self-management
- DigiCare Model encourages implementing the training in real-life environment with associated training partners
- Concept of communication between the health care professional and the patient self-managing their treatment with the support of the significant others
- Evaluation criteria for digital skills in supporting and coaching of self-management