Click here to register for the event!
Limited places available, DL for registration 10 January 2019
Location and date:
Brussels, Thursday 17 January 2019
Representation of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia to the European Union
Rue Montoyer 47, Brussels, Belgium
Programme of the event:
Registration 13.30 – 14.00
EduMAP project’s results and discussion 14.00 – 17.30
Adult Education as a Means to Active Participatory Citizenship – the EduMAP view
- Hanna Toiviainen (University of Tampere)
14.15 Adult education policies and practices in EU Member States and Turkey – the relevance to young adults at risk of social exclusion
- Natasha Kersh (University College London) and Paula Kuusipalo (University of Tampere)
14.30 Mapping the good practices of adult education among young adults at risk of social exclusion across the EU
- Beate Schmidt-Behlau (DVV International)
14.45 Communicative ecologies and forums for dialogue – how the providers and users of educational initiatives are situated in the flows of information and communication?
- Jo Tacchi (Loughborough University) and Kai Pata (Tallinn University)
15.00 Intelligent Decision Support System (IDSS) – an easy access to the information required to address the needs of vulnerable young adults
- Martti Juhola (University of Tampere), Jyrki Rasku (University of Tampere) and Jari Järvinen (Foredata LLC)
15.30 – 16.00 Coffee break
16.00 – 17.30 Final discussion/round table on EduMAP’s policy themes & recommendations
- Professor Marianne Teräs (Stockholm University), Mrs. Astrid Thors (EduMAP International Advisory Board), Professor Karen Evans (University College London), Ms. Martina Ni Cheallaigh, Senior Expert in the VET, Apprenticeships and Adult Learning Unit in DG Employment
- Chair: Georgios K. Zarifis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) leads the discussion
17.30 End of official programme
Networking: 17.30 – 18.30 (finger food and drinks)
Here comes my registration to final conference.
Great! See you there!