The SURE – Smart Urban Security and Event Resilience Project of city of Tampere has been granted MEUR 3.2 of funding by the EU’s Urban Innovative Actions initiative.
The project is one of only three urban security projects approved and the only project from Finland in the 4th call of the Urban Innovative Actions.
The SURE project has total budget of 4M€ and it started on the 1st of September 2019. The project will last for three years.
SURE aims at making the daily lives of citizens and visitors of Tampere and Tampere urban environment safer and more secure by developing and testing a comprehensive and smart event-related urban security solution.
SURE increases cross-sectoral preparedness to threats against public spaces in Tampere
- by utilizing and integrating latest urban security technologies,
- by using innovative co-creation methods,
- by joint simulations and exercises to facilitate smooth and seamless coordination and cooperation between urban and security authorities, first responders and event organizers.
Tampere Universities in SURE project
Tampere University (TAU):
- Supporting the security planning of key urban and event entities
- Scenarios and use cases in urban security
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK):
- Service concepts, service design and co-design processes with event customers
- Event security and customer security experience
Other SURE partners
- City of Tampere (lead)
- The Baltic Institute of Finland
- Business Tampere
- Nokia Networks