I am Professor of Manufacturing Engineering and Systems Engineering. I am in charge of the Manufacturing research group. My interests include:
- Modeling and simulation of manufacturing systems,
- Early integration of manufacturing considerations in the system development process,
- Efficient dynamic control and development of additive manufacturing methods based on Directed Energy Deposition,
- Knowledge coding in form of causal graphs,
- Integration of existing knowledge and design of artificial neural networks topologies using causal graphs,
- Dimensional analysis theory and its combination with causal graphs,
- Causal graph networks for decision-making support,
- Multi-Disciplinary Optimization and creativity support for Engineering,
- Early design process, automatic extraction and analysis of requirements,
- Metrics for system design and manufacturing.
Field of expertise
I have skills in different domains: Manufacturing processes, Engineering design theory and practices, Systems Engineering, Mathematical methods for modeling simulation and Machine Learning. I published broadly in those fields during the past years.
I am working as professor in Mechanical Engineering and I am leading Mechatronics Research Group (MRG) in TAU. My mission is to conduct research in close cooperation with industry in the area of intelligent machines and systems. The objective is to create new knowledge in the area mechatronics which can be applied in real products and processes, but also published in high level scientific journals and conferences.
Field of expertise
My research interests are wide-ranging in the are of intelligent machines and systems. My research focus is in mechatronics - especially in design and analysis of complex machine systems my special expertise being in motion control, fluid power systems and high pressure water systems. I am also interested in industrial internet solutions in life-cycle management of intelligent machine and manufacturing systems.
Underwater robotics and systems is one of my group’s expertise area where we are focusing on research of mechanical designs, propulsion systems and control of different kind of robots.
We have a long history on research of aircraft systems - especially related on flight control and fuel systems. In addition we do research on system reliability analysis of aircraft systems.
System availability and preventive maintenance is also one of my group’s research focus areas. Our approach is based on knowledge based analytics which combines contextual technical expertise and tools with statistical methods in order to improve predictability of system behavior .
I am from Mumbai, India. I did my undergraduate studies in Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from University of Mumbai before moving to United States for higher studies. Graduated from Oregon State University with Master of Science (M.S.) focused in Industrial Engineering in 2018. Currently, pursuing a PhD. at Tampere University in field of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
Manufacturing and Systems Engineering
Research focus on unit manufacturing process models, cost models for manufacturing, and sustainability assessment. Exploring directions in Direct Energy Deposition (Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing) alongside other Additive Manufacturing technologies and use of machine learning in manufacturing.
Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences |Electrical Engineering