Iuliia participated in several conferences and research schools throughout 2021. Almost all of them were held online due to the ongoing Covid-restrictions except for Tutkijaliitto summer school, which was possible to organize outdoors in person. All the conference and research school appearances discussed contemporary university assemblage, albeit, each time underlying a specific strand of research analysis.
- ”Feminist critique of neoliberal academia”. ‘Gender School’, European University in St Petersburg, January 2021.
- “Assembling Quality of Research and Education in Neoliberal Academia: Snapshot from post-socialist Russian universities”. Kaleidoscope conference, University of Cambridge, June 2021.
- “Internationalisation of Russian Higher Education: Political Economy Critique”, Tartu conference on Russian and East European studies, June 2021. The participation at the conference also included chair responsibilities.
- “Academic labour in a postsocialist university: Assembling intersectional matrix of power”. Tutkijaliitto summer school, August 2021.
- “Assembling Postsocialist University: Neoliberal Transition, Authoritarian Politics and Subjectivities of Resistance”. Pan-European conference on International Relations, September 2021.