Update! The link for remote participation in the Thu 29 seminar is available at the bottom of this page!
Welcome to the international results seminar of the CaPs research project! The results seminar takes place in Lappeenranta, Finland on September 29-30. In the seminar, the participating Nordic cities and CaPs researchers share their interesting findings and insights and come together to learn from each other.
Thursday 29 Sept, Lappeenranta City Hall 2PM-5:30PM
- Opening speeches and welcome to the seminar (Prof. Tuomas Ahola, Tampere University and Prof. Ville Ojanen, LUT University)
- Presentations from participating Nordic cities and CaPs researchers on citizen involvement in urban development
- Participative forest planning: what, how and why? (Municipality of Tuusula, Finland)
- Participatory budgeting: experiences and learnings (City of Tampere, Finland)
- UNIORI: experiences from University-City collaboration (Lappeenranta Junior University)
- ByMaker – A game to engage the next generation of smart citizens (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- Citizen participation processes – experiences from Lier and Oslo municipalities (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- A novel framework for social sustainability in Furuset, Oslo (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- Coffee and snacks
Friday 30 Sept, LUT University, Lappeenranta 9AM-2PM
- Interactive workshop: “Future services of smart citizen participation” (facilitated by researchers of LUT University)
- Concluding remarks and lunch
Registration and accommodation
Participation in the event is free of charge.
You can register to the seminar HERE! Registration to the face-to-face event has ended, but you can still participate in Thursday’s session remotely. The MS Teams link is available at the end of this page.
The even is organized as a side event of the EUSBSR Annual Forum 2022, organized September 28-29 in Lappeenranta, Finland. Participants of the CaPs results seminar are warmly welcome to participate in the EUSBSR event program as well. More information: https://annualforum2022.eu
Hotels can be booked from the EUSBSR forum quota: https://annualforum2022.eu/accommodation
You can participate in the Thu 29 seminar remotely via MS Teams. Link HERE. If the direct link does not work, you can use the details below.
Meeting ID: 378 787 724 828