Welcome to the international results seminar of the CaPs research project! The results seminar takes place in Lappeenranta, Finland on September 29-30. In the seminar, the participating Nordic cities and CaPs researchers share their interesting findings and insights and come together to learn from each other.
Thursday 29 Sept, Lappeenranta City Hall 2PM-5:30PM
- Opening speeches and welcome to the seminar (Prof. Tuomas Ahola, Tampere University and Prof. Ville Ojanen, LUT University)
- Presentations from participating Nordic cities and CaPs researchers on citizen involvement in urban development
- Inclusive forest planning: what, how and why? (Municipality of Tuusula, Finland)
- Participatory budgeting: experiences and learnings (City of Tampere, Finland)
- UNIORI: experiences from University-City collaboration (Lappeenranta Junior University)
- ByMaker – A game to engage the next generation of smart citizens (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- Citizen participation processes – experiences from Lier and Oslo municipalities (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- Citizen participation mechanisms in urban development (CaPs international research team)
- A novel framework for social sustainability in Furuset, Oslo (NTNU, Trondheim, Norway)
- The list of presentations may still be expanded!
- Coffee and snacks
Friday 30 Sept, LUT University, Lappeenranta 9AM-2PM
- Interactive workshop: “Future services of smart citizen participation” (facilitated by researchers of LUT University)
- Concluding remarks and lunch
Registration and accommodation
Participation in the event is free of charge. You can register to the seminar HERE!
The even is organized as a side event of the EUSBSR Annual Forum 2022, organized September 28-29 in Lappeenranta, Finland. Participants of the CaPs results seminar are warmly welcome to participate in the EUSBSR event program as well. More information: https://annualforum2022.eu
Hotels can be booked from the EUSBSR forum quota: https://annualforum2022.eu/accommodation